Wednesday, September 1, 2010
9. The Wolfsen Blues

We had a perfect day picking blueberries at the Wolfsen Organic Blueberry Farm. Zak was smart and brought handkerchiefs to protect our heads from the nets and I was not so smart by forgetting to put on sunscreen again.




As it always goes when blueberry picking, it became a competition. I didn't even eat one blueberry with fear that it could possibly be the winning one. Guess who won the blueberry picking contest?

And the winner is... by a little over an ounce...


Zak! I was so close. I pick 2.7 lbs. and he picked 2.8 lbs. Ah, oh well, he always wins at everything. Except Monopoly and Clue.


We ended up picking 5.5 lbs. of blueberries! So, no need being stingy this time 'round, we're making a blueberry pie! I'm sure I'll have a post on it and I'm sure it will be a Martha Stewart recipe!



I wore a custom made Fancy Clothing dress from necessityisthemother. Arielle has one of the best handmade shops on Etsy. She was so wonderful to make me two Shirley Temple style dresses and is just the sweetest thing! I have quite a few of her pieces and always make sure to check out what new listings she has in her shop.

My messenger bag is from bayanhippo. It has so much room in it, but keeps me organized with its many pockets. There are so many color options in her shop, but I opted for gray because I had the perfect bright red vintage rose patch to sew on it.

And don't forget about my Lighten My Load Moving Sale at my shop where I have a huge $10 or Less Section that is changing daily. So, you have to get the great deals while you can!

Take Care,

~V

4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
You guys are so cute! I looove blueberry picking, or any kind of pick-your-own type produce. Love your blog!

Thanks for stopping by mine! :)

Blogger vildan said...
What a wonderful suprise for me!! I am so happy that you liked it, thank you very very much for this post! :o)

Blogger vildan said...
What a wonderful suprise for me!! I am so happy that you liked it, thank you very very much for this post! :o)

Cheers,
Vildan (bayanhippo)

Blogger Maria Casteel said...
that dress is so beautiful!

Post a Comment